Here is a roundup of some interesting links and tiny things posted to Cultivate’s
today_i_learned Slack channel.
- In Ruby, you can use
bundlerwithout a Gemfile
- Using Elixir
mix xref callers Module.functiondisplays all the code calling that function
- Openssl on the command line is good if you want some random stuff. eg
openssl rand -hex 16outputs a 32 character random hex string.
openssl rand -base64 12outputs a 12 character random base64 string.
- When using Express.js, if you want to pass some data from one middleware to a subsequent middleware or the handler, you can put it into response local variables
- When previewing Jekyll blogs (like this) using
jekyll -serve, blogs dated in the future will not be displayed unless you use the the
- Some handy ssh tips, including using
- Voyagers 1 and 2 are still collecting data and communicating from 13 and 11 billion miles away